Sunday, May 30, 2010

0936.00 Amino Acid Explosion

I recently experienced an MS attack and so I have planned the perfect method for recovery, prednisone a steroid has the benifit of bringing down the swelling, but has some side affects, basically the pharmaceuticals use a caffeine filler.  The caffeine works well, but then it gives you the shakes, but then again I found 5 hour energy taken before prednisone made things more bearable.  So as I started to have my attack here in Nashville, I did everything I did before and it failed, why?, heat frustration and stress.  The temp and humidity caused a set of circumstances that I did not take into consideration.  So I had to innovate and cook myself back to health.  "Amino Acid Explosion" is not my creation, but I have modified it to suite palate and texture, you don't have to have MS to enjoy it.

2002
"Bobbie, This salid has every amino acid and protein requirement according to my medical professors."
"David, Thats impressive, a first year med student following a inspiration, I wanted to burst into tears, in a small way I had inspired him to do the impossible, he found a solution years before I would ever need it.  I see we have beets, chick peas, corn, red kidney beans, olive oil and italian seasoning..."

Amino Acid Explosion:
1/2 Cup Red Onions soaked in Lime Juice, 15 Mins.  Concentrate is fine, Lime helps fight the heat.
1 Can of beets.
1 Can of Red Kidney Beans.
1 Can of Pinto Beans.
1 Can of Crushed Tomatoes, or fresh or spicy, spicy makes you feel cooler, I sprinkle crushed red pepper.
1 Can of Chick Peas.
2 - 3 Bag of corn muffins with a western jalepeno recipe.
1 Bar of Jalepeno cheddar.
Italian Seasoning, basil, olive oil.

Start your miffin mix and chunk your cheese, place cheese in center of muffin batter, and bake in your toaster oven at 350 for 20 to 30 minutes.  Humidity, elevation, barimetric pressure affect cooking time.  350 degrees works best, the package will state a cooking temp of 425, but 350 makes it stay humid.  To add more moistness add butter or margerine.

Strain beats, but save some of the juice, cut the beets into a manageable size, I pour from can to bowl, cut with butter knife and strain juice, then add the rest Red Kidney Beans, Pinto Beans, Crushed Tomotoe,  Chick Peas, Chunked Jalapeneo Cheddar , Onions with Lime Juice and some beet juice, 2-3 Dashes of Italian seasoning and basil, and olive oil.  5-10 lunch servings, 10 - 15salid servings.  If doing muffins; I buy 2 bags, if doing salid buy 3 and use baking tray and oven, but same temp.  Baking muffins the night before also helps, bake, nightly routine, return to toaster/oven and let stand with kitchen towel.  Walmart this is less than $1.00 a serving depending on local prices and taxes and the most expensive item is the cheese, but then again the cheese was 2 for $3.  The Muffin mix cost me about 89c.

No comments:

Post a Comment